Monday, June 27, 2016

Comforter Zone: Stay inside it

“True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior” Elder Boyd K Packer
I just wanted to start off with this quote i found the other day.  The Gospel is the greatest psychology and medicine that life has to offer.  I have seen its healing effect on my mission, before and i know i will see it after.  I have become a different person from the person i was 5 years ago, 1 year ago and even 3 months ago.


-Anyway.  I dont have time to email really so i will be quick with details.  We taught some good lessons this week and were able find some new people on skype who are interested in baptism.  I hope we can help them come closer to Christ.  
-We started a new "group" branch thing and we went to the opening day and had to teach sunday school, give a tlak and set everything up..Being a church leader...#fun
-went contacting for the Book of Mormon and threw down on people.  It was quite fun.  We met some cool people who might come to our activity night.  I got their number (something that seemed impossible a year ago) and we are going to stay in touch.  

any more details i remember i will send tomorrow or tonight..I am busy and slammed with office stress work and stuff..So i am sorry i am not going to get back to many of you.  sorry.


Spiritual Thought:

Im sure the title of this email might confuse you.  Uh..As a missionary you need to leave your comfort zone...Well you are 100% correct!  Being a missionary is HARD.  You have to talk to people you dont know, all day, you need to teach (in my case) in another language, you need to learn the gospel, be away from loved ones, and so on and so forth.  It can be hard, very hard..But the comfort zone we need to stay inside is the comfort zone created by the Holy Ghost, otherwise known as the Comforter.  These last few weeks i have pleaded with the Lord ot help me have the Holy Ghost to make me a better missionary.  I came to realize that i need to focus on the things that matter most and not be down on myself.  The Comforter has allowed me to do miracles and there are many more waiting. (i mean im speaking Romanian..Thats a miracle i can even say 3 words..).  Im thankful that im here and am progressing and learning to leave one comfort zone and to stay in another.  I know that both these zones will allow me to become and recognize my potential as a Child of God.

Ciao,
Vârstnicul Casio Nango
 
this is why primary kids arnt allowed to have scissors...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment