Monday, June 27, 2016

O babibilon O Babilon

I dont know much of what to report on this week.  It was a bit interesting.  So i am in the office now.  So im pretty much a Hale theatre junkie again #jk.  But i work in the office a good portion of the day now.  But im in Bucuresti which is awesome.  
Wednesday, i woke up at 3:30 to take departing missionaries to the aiport #sadness #tiredness.  I was pretty tired as a result.  I am trying to re establish my sleep schedule (again....) so we will see how that goes.
We had a good amount of skype lessons this week too, which are a little weird to get used to.  But nevertheless, we are spreading the Good Word across the world #beautiful.  So thats pretty interesting.  We met with some cool people who know the gospel really well. #impressed
Other than that i dont have too much to say.  I am driving in Bucuresti as well.  So pray for me so i stay safe.  Im not a horrible driver though so i should be fine.  Its the other people on the road i have to be mindful of ;)
We also go to drive Sora Ivory's really nice Hyndai to the car wash :0 sooo nice.
We also got to pick up Sora Ivory and The Randall family at the airport, quite an adventure. 
Thats about it.  I hope i get some emails from yall this week.  I miss you guys!!!
Spiritual thought:
So i decided to focus my spiritual thought on a story an investigator told me in Chisinau.  #moldova #ghine
A priest goes into a barber shop and asks for a haircut.  The barber sits him down and starts cutting his hair.  While he is getting a haircut the barber tells the priest, "I dont believe in God and I dont need to and dont want to.  If God existed he would show me that he exists."  He finishes the haircut and the priest goes home.  The barber stands outside his barbershop waiting for people to come inside.  A man with long hair (probably a hippie) #peace walks by and the barber suggests he gets a haircut.  The man turns to the barber and says "I dont believe in barbers.  If barbers existed i would get a haircut.  But i dont need them and dont want one." <now i insert my own flare into the story>  The barber walked in front of the man and said "Look! I exist! My shop is one block from your house.  If you would look you would find me!  Use your Iphone or something!"  The long-haired man shrugs and continues in his stiff-necked ways.
In this same way, sometimes we doubt the existence of a God because we dont always directly see His influence in our lives. However, if we dont look, we wont find. I have been reading the scriptures and have seen one phrase repeat itself numerous times in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. The scriptures say  "Ask and ye shall recieve"  or "knock and it shall be opened unto you" or "seek and ye shall find".  Our Heavenly Father loves us so much that He wants to bless us.  All we have to do is find Him, seek Him, and we surely will receive.  I have been so grateful to serve a mission and test this principle over and over.  "The future is as bright as your faith" a wonderful modern day prophet once said #monson.  So seek him in faith and press forward.  Keep on looking for the Hand of the Lord in your life and i know you will see His influence the more you try.

I love all of you!  Have a great week!  Keep calm and Pray on. #crown
 
Ciao,
Vârstnicul Nicasio Nango
Bucharest round two
APs
Elder Christensen
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment